cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Self-serve web accout shows almost nothing anymore, fido pre-paid

BLUE2017
I'm a contributor level 1

I just realised, that I kinda lost access to fido self-serve web. I can log in still, but most of the account data is unavailable. I'm in Germany for a while and cannot go to a fido store, nor call in right now. There are more than 200 CAD in my account and fido rejects to show me essential information in my self-serve web. The fido smartphone app shows "Something went wrong" and "Sorry, we've hit a snag. Please check back later." when trying to login.

So you have my money and I have no control. 😞

Any options left?

Edit:

Calling in from abroad isn't an easy thing either:

https://www.howtocallabroad.com/qa/toll-free.html

2 REPLIES 2

BLUE2017

Thank you for your comments on that matter!

Why are pre-paid customers treated that bad anyways, considering Fido gets the money from them upfront?

Over here in Germany you don't have such hassles being a pre-paid customer. There's simply no difference in customer service.

In my use case it does not make any sense doing a regular post-paid plan, so Fido won't never push me into that, by being just that bad in service with their pre-paid plans.

Using a pre-paid or post-paid plan is just a use case based decision and shouldn't divide customers into two service classes. Fido should realize, that once a post-paid plan is needed, the former pre-paid customer goes somewhere else, just because of the bad experience with Fido pre-paid plans. That's something Fido should really look into.

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello BLUE2017,

Sorry to hear you're just learned that Fido has changed the self-services for pre-paid plans (see here). I understand the toll-free number may not be free of long-distance charges from abroad. That's why they offer a regular number for calls from abroad (see here). Generally, people would need to call that number collect. That is, from a landline (using mobile device would be considered roaming) and have the operator (most mobile services don't have operators) connect the call and have Fido accept the charges.

That said, there is the dedicated pre-paid line (toll-free) and the main customer service line may not be able to assist with matters of pre-paid service. You might consider trying to call the pre-paid toll-free line collect. To be honest, I'm not sure if it is possible to do so but it might be worth a try.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers