cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scammers use my phone number???

FaridGM
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

Hello. I have been receiving calls from numbers, where the first three digits are like mine. I started ignoring them. Today I got a similar call and the person speaking with me asked to stop calling him, as I have already "called" him twice today. It looks like those scammers use my phone number too. Can Fido block this kind of calls? Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

@FaridGM wrote:

Hello. I have been receiving calls from numbers, where the first three digits are like mine. I started ignoring them. Today I got a similar call and the person speaking with me asked to stop calling him, as I have already "called" him twice today. It looks like those scammers use my phone number too. Can Fido block this kind of calls? Thanks.

Hello FaridGM,

Yes, like FidoRachel mentioned, it sounds like 'spoofing'. AdamBeast provided some more information here.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

FidoRachel
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey FaridGM,

That sounds like spoofing and as much as I'd love to, we can't block these calls.

Spoofing happens when a certain app or program is used to change the number that appears on your call display. It also can be done by email, so watch out for that.