Scammers use my phone number???

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 3 FaridGM
I'm a Participant Level 3

Scammers use my phone number???

Hello. I have been receiving calls from numbers, where the first three digits are like mine. I started ignoring them. Today I got a similar call and the person speaking with me asked to stop calling him, as I have already "called" him twice today. It looks like those scammers use my phone number too. Can Fido block this kind of calls? Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Re: Scammers use my phone number???

@FaridGM wrote:

Hello. I have been receiving calls from numbers, where the first three digits are like mine. I started ignoring them. Today I got a similar call and the person speaking with me asked to stop calling him, as I have already "called" him twice today. It looks like those scammers use my phone number too. Can Fido block this kind of calls? Thanks.

Hello FaridGM,

Yes, like FidoRachel mentioned, it sounds like 'spoofing'. AdamBeast provided some more information here.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 3
Moderator (inactive) FidoRachel
Moderator (inactive)

Hey FaridGM,

That sounds like spoofing and as much as I'd love to, we can't block these calls.

Spoofing happens when a certain app or program is used to change the number that appears on your call display. It also can be done by email, so watch out for that.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 3
MVP
MVP
Solution

@FaridGM wrote:

Hello FaridGM,

Yes, like FidoRachel mentioned, it sounds like 'spoofing'. AdamBeast provided some more information here.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 3