cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam from 1-800-609-4883

brian-lim-47
I'm a participant level 1

"Fido mobile reminds you that your number will be terminated. Press 1 to transfer to English 2 to transfer to Chinese"

Yeah, right lol

6 REPLIES 6

Samriddhi24M

I got the exact same call from this number +18887894345, now I am in distress was it real or was it fake?

Hey @Samriddhi24M , we would never call you to advise that your number would be "terminated", thank you for bringing that to our attention. Feel free to contact us if you need help with your services.

FidoAnthony

Hey @brian-lim-47 @Redatadili,

I completely understand that receiving those types of calls is not pleasant at all and can be a great irritant and I assure you that we take this very seriously. You can also rest assured that we have nothing to do with these kinds of calls and don’t support them in any way. Unfortunately, there isn’t anything we can do to stop these numbers from contacting you because there are no laws stopping them from doing so. But we do everything we can to lower their chances of getting in touch with you.I suggest avoid picking up those calls as much as possible and make sure to block the unwanted calls by blocking the caller's number. I also recommend reporting the incident to the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre online: www.antifraudcentre.ca or by phone at 1-888-495-8501 

Silkrose

Hi, you may wanna add this number to your list: (855) 406-9070

I just got an automated call today exactly the same as the OP posted.

Hi @Silkrose, welcome to the community, Alex here! 

I'm really sorry to hear that you received one of those calls, I know how annoying those can be. Depending on the device you have, you may have an option to block unknown or private numbers completely directly in your device settings. You can report this incident to the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre online: www.antifraudcentre.ca or by phone at 1-888-495-8501. 

I would also recommend to take a look at this article on how to help protect yourself against such calls on our website here.

Redatadili

Got the same today.