Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS and Call Forwarding

jmessadie
I'm a participant level 2

Hi,

My phone sim card tray is completely ruined. However, I also have another phone with Rogers for work purposes and I can insert my sim card in there whenever I want.

Would it be possible to forward/divert SMS and do Call Forwarding to the other number? If so, how? And would I be able to stop once I get a new phone it if it is possible.

This is a temporary solution to my sim card tray problem.

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey jmessadie!

That's too bad about your SIM card tray!

You can definitely forward your calls to another number until you are able to get a new device. This can be activated under your call settings, when you have your SIM card in another device. 

It's important to remember that unconditional call forwarding minutes are deducted from your plan, add-on or charged at pay-per-use, depending what your plan comes with and long distance fees apply if calls are forwarded to a number outside of your local calling area.

For your SMS, while we do not have a way to forward your SMS to another number, there are many apps that do so. You can choose the one that works best for you from your devices app store. 

jmessadie

Thank you for the quick response.

If possible, can you please explain

1) which phone (either the broken SIM card slot one or rogers business phone) is getting charged for call forwarding (the one sending the calls to the receiving phone or vice versa or both)?

2) if I get a call forwarding add-on which I believe is 3$ are the charges still happening?

3) How can I use an app to forward SMS if my sim card is not being recognized?

4) if I take out the rogers business sim card and put in my fido sim card, can I enter a secret code in the dial pad to forward the SMS to the rogers sim card temporarily and if so what is the code? if so what is the code to disable it?

5) Does this work because the site is currently not secure? http://websms.fido.page.ca/2way/

Thank you so much for your help.

I can't really speak for how you would be billed on your Rogers plan, I can only comment on how billing for callforwarding would work with us. 

Your Fido line would be deducted minutes or charged pay-per-use, depending on your plan, and/or long distance, if applicable. 

If you add our $3 per month add-on, you will get 2500 minutes of call forwading per month, thus, any the minutes for any calls forwarded would be deducted from this add-on. Long distance would still apply, if applicable. 

In order to set all this up, you will need to put your SIM card into a device the recognizes your SIM card and allows you to connect to our network. 

Unfortunately, no, we do not have a code that you can use to set up SMS forwarding as it is not a service/feature that we offer. 

With regards to the Fido Web-Text Messaging site, that service has been discontunued for quite a while now. It allowed you to send a text message through the web to a mobile phone number when you did not have access to do so through your device.