cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google and Hotmail Blocking Roger Wireless SMTP server for too many emails

Evebabyblog2
I'm a participant level 2

Pls am not comfortable with fido billings. I want to opt out. And this is my first month after i paid the first bill, i want to terminate my contract 

4 REPLIES 4

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Evebabyblog2,

I'm not quite sure I understand everything you are requesting. However, when sending email from Google or Hotmail, your phone should be using their respective SMTP servers and not the one from Rogers. You can verify the Google SMTP settings here. You can verify the Hotmail SMTP settings here.

Is that the reason you wish to terminate your contract? If you still wish to do so, you will have to contact customer service.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

We don't want to see you go @Evebabyblog2 Sad

Were you able to fix the issue with receiving your e-mails? Let us know, we'd love to help! 

Evebabyblog2

My bill is still high after I spoke with the customer agent I was told it was reduce to 100 dollar but am still seeing 214 dollar. Pls I dont have money to continue with Fido is too expensive for me .I can get cheaper network that will suit my status. 

It's possible that you are not seeing the updated balance. Please dial *28 from your Fido device to see your updated balance!

We can also review your invoice and plan options together if you'd like. Let us know and we'll send you a PM.