cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card Wifi calling compatible

NateBow
I'm a participant level 2

Hello, I bought a phone from OnePlus website and then setup a BYOD plan with virgin mobile. In the SIM card settings with 

the virgin sim card I had the option to turn wifi calling on/off. Wifi calling did not work regardless wether I turned that switch on or off so I decided to switch to Fido to see if maybe a different carrier might fix the issue. I bought a sim card on Amazon and went ahead and set up a plan. When I inserted the Fido sim card into the second sim card tray(my phone has 2 sim trays) and I went into the sim card settings I noticed that there was no wifi calling on/off option available. So my question is, do all Fido sim cards support wifi calling? Or do certain 3rd party sim cards perhaps exclude that option? Also I'm thinking that the main reason wifi calling didn't work with virgin mobile is because I didn't buy a phone from Virgin mobile directly and am guessing that will be the case with Fido as well.

3 REPLIES 3

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @NateBow,

Welcome to the community!

Your guess is correct, WiFi calling is only available on devices that Fido supports before it was only available on devices you got directly from Fido but they have since changed it to allow phones not purchased directly from them but it has to be a model they support.

NateBow

I have a OnePlus 8T would it be supported?

NaliniR
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Hi @NateBow,

As mentioned by @KAPABLE-K the feature is only available by devices that Fido supports and OnePlus is not a device they carry/support.