Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers red mastercard

patrickchan
I'm experienced level 1
I'm experienced level 1

Hi all.

I want to confirm the following.  

I messaged both the fido chat app and the Mets fodo messenger.  I was told by two different agents that the rogers red mastercard linked to my fido account will have the same perks as rogers mobile getting the roam like home for 5 days per year. I think this is an recent change. Please confirm. Thx pc. If so then I can tell my mom and aunt and sister to join fido. 

4 REPLIES 4

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Patrickchan,

As Original_Lucy noted below, the Rogers MC has not previously included Fido Roam as a feature perk. Unfortunately, we would not have any information regarding any possible recent changes. That said, the Rogers Bank website still shows that it does not include a roaming perk for Fido customers:

Rogers MC.jpg

If, or when, they make any changes to their perks for Fido customers, it would be updated on the Rogers Bank website.

In addition, if they do update the MC perks for Fido customers, you should note that the perks would only be for the primary account holder. Your family members would need to open their own accounts and not added to your account.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Good morning @patrickchan , unfortunately the answer is no. I thought that was the case also, but when I went to link my fido account with the Rogers credit card, it wouldn't accept it. The response was Rogers only. A few other people were confused, myself included, about applying for the card  then finding out that fido does not qualify. Disappointing for sure. Simple answer NO it doesn't. 

bob0815
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

Unfortunately it was sold in a way in Store telling people they would get 5 roaming days. It was obviously a lie.

Many got fooled

https://forums.fido.ca/t5/General-Support/I-was-convinced-at-a-Fido-Store-to-apply-for-a-RogersBank-...

Hey @bob0815 and @Cawtau!

To clarify, the Rogers Mastercard has all the same perks for Rogers and Fido customer, with one exception. Only Rogers customers get to roam at no cost for 5 days every year with Roam Like Home. Fido customers do not. I sincerely apologise for the error on the previous post, which was removed. @Cawtau your post replying to that post was also removed, just to make sure the thread makes sense, as it references a deleted post.

Thanks for your understanding!