cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rip off

Calgaryapple
I'm a participant level 2

I got my phone on Dec 24 of 2022 , my service is 66.00 a month , sense Dec I have had nothing but issues with getting Fido to take my money on the first , apparently that's not even a thing , every month sense Dec I have been charged an extra 40 on top of my 66. Last month I decided to put credit on my Fido account before payment was due . They took the credit I had then tried to take money out of my bank and because it wasn't there I got charged 40 again .. terrible experience, will be finding a new cell company . Unless u guys can give me 3 months free . So now because I don't have automatic payments set up , Fido charged me an additional 40 bucks which brings my total to 106 . Fido , u need to realize some ppl are on government services . And r on a fixed income . Now sense Dec I have been short on my rent , because u guys want to charge additional fees for money not being in bank accounts . Even when I had credit on my Fido account, Fido took that then tried to take money out of my account for the same monthly payment . 

5 REPLIES 5

Calgaryapple

I'll do it manually from here on out . 

Hello again,

@Calgaryapple wrote:

I'll do it manually from here on out . 

Fair enough. You should bear in mind that the payment due date has been changed to 21 days after the bill date (see here). You might also consider removing the pre-authorised payment from your account in order to prevent similar issues in the future.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Calgaryapple

Yeah I understand that, however my bill is roughly 67 a month , and I had a prepayment set up on my account , u guys never took it on the first is was always early when my money wasn't there , or late when my money wasn't there . I tried 3 times to get my payments to come out on the first to u guys , but that never happened . Then I would get charged ur NSF fee if 40 bucks , when u make 679 once a month yeah that makes thing very difficult, and I need a phone , I have to communicate with my daughter , so I have no option , then last month I used a visa to put credit on my Fido account of 67,00  , you guys took that then went to my bank account and tried to take 67.00 that wasn't even there , then I got charged a nsf fee , yeah not happy with this service . You guys have gotten worse over the years . And I will be looking for a new service provider who actually wants to help their customers, have a great day . 

Hello Calgaryapple,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear of your payment issues.

@Calgaryapple wrote:

... I had a prepayment set up on my account , u guys never took it on the first is was always early when my money wasn't there , or late when my money wasn't there ....

Unfortunately, I don't think it is possible to choose the date on which the pre-authorised payments are taken. The payment date is related to your billing cycle which was determined when you first got your services. Generally, your billing cycle would start a few days after you purchased your services. The pre-authorised payment would be applied 14 days after the monthly bill is issued (see here). That is, 14 days after the billing cycle date (see here). If your billing cycle is such that the pre-authorised payment is taken on a different date, it won't be possible to change your billing cycle or pre-authorised payment date.

@Calgaryapple wrote:

....last month I used a visa to put credit on my Fido account of 67,00  , you guys took that then went to my bank account and tried to take 67.00 that wasn't even there ...

While I cannot speak as to this specific circumstance, generally, if there is a credit on an account for the appropriate amount, the pre-authorised payment would not apply. I understand you made the payment using Visa. Is it possible you used a Visa Debit card rather than credit card? If you used a debit card, it may take a number of days for the funds to be received by the payee as the funds are taken from your financial institution (see here). Is it possible there was not sufficient time for Fido to receive the Visa payment before the pre-authorised payment was applied?

I understand your situation is not easy. However, you should note that the forums are community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. As such, we would not have access to customers' account information. As FidoVan suggested, if you are still having issues with your account, you might consider contacting customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

FidoVan

Hi there @Calgaryapple and welcome to the Community.

When you finance a device, the total that makes up your monthly bill includes your service fee + your device financing fee:

- https://www.fido.ca/support/billing-payment/what-you-need-to-know-about-the-new-fido-payment-program

We offer many different devices and plans to make sure everyone finds something that suits their budgets. We also offer a 30 days satisfaction warranty in case you change your mind so that you can return it to us for a refund or exchange.

If you have any unresolved situations or need assistance with anything at all, you can reach us out through our servicing channels found here.