Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request to mask part of account re bill notification email

Scooby-Doo
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Hi Fido friends,

I've noticed my account number is not partially masked when I receive bill reminders sent by email.

If you've entered an email in my profile preferences, Fido system setup to automatically send you bill reminders that way too.

I  did call and ask to not send me emails reminder anymore because it is not masking  my account and that way such data may be intercepted or spillover.

To prevent spill over email for all fidoers I suggest you provide adjustment in furthering your security by masking part of the account for all e-mail reminders.

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4

Max-the-Cat
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I just received an email from Fido with title 'Congrats on the new phone ... ' which contains my mobile number and whole account number in clear text. this after I arranged the new phone online, so I obviously know how to log in.

For added irony, it includes this warning at the bottom:
"Be safe out there

We’ll never ask you for personal or account information via email or text. Learn more "

Should I ask for my account number to be changed now ?

Hello @Max-the-Cat 

We are committed to protecting the privacy of our customers’ personal information. We take all reasonable steps to ensure that this information is safe and secure.

We appreciate your feedback concerning this and we will share this with the team in charge. 

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Thanks a ton for the suggestion @Scooby-Doo!

We appreciate all the feedback we get and we're constantly working hard to improve for our customers Smiley

Thanks again!

Scooby-Doo
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Thanks @FidoNick  Fido has always been a premier innovator but it's most excelling resource is you guys the team.😀

Also If I may add generally the concensus would be to only use metadata to address issues and not to piggyback on it. IPS (like Rogers) are really pushing it now when cumulating our metadata about What when why and how we do things. Although it is currently legal! ...the accountability of this is likely to become a great influence  factor for customers in the near future..

Cheers!