cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting spam texts to Fido

GB23
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

When trying to forward scam texts to fido I get 'failed to send' frequently. I've read that 7726 (fido scam reporting) cannot receive an MMS, but only SMS.  My phone seems determined to convert the scam texts to MMS. I recently tried copying the scam text and pasting into a new text and then the forward worked.

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello GB23,

Welcome to the community!

Thank you for continuing to flag these SPAM messages! Thank you for also confirming that copying and pasting the messages also works (see here).

Yes, I have also noticed that most, if not all, of my recent SPAM messages are now MMS. I have found that if the subject heading is removed from the forwarded message, it will often convert the message back to SMS and will be able to receivable by the system.

Another tactic the scammers/spammers have recently adopted is the inclusion of a logo or other images (see here). Removing the images should also convert the messages back to SMS. I'm guessing the scammers/spammers are aware of the system and are attempting to make reporting more difficult.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers