cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving messages minutes/days later

CC23
I'm a participant level 2

*** delayed text messages *** I've  been using the Textra app and have tried the stock messaging app + Google messages. Sometimes I'll be having convos with friends and then the timestamps show I'm receiving messages 8-10 mins later OR I'll receive a picture way later even though my data has been turned on. This is SO frustrating since I've read it's a carrier issue. I also haven't been on the LTE network (which I saw in another post that was recommended to switch from that). When will there be a resolution to this? I shouldn't have to switch carriers. My husband's with Rogers, no problems. Has anyone found a resolution? 

5 REPLIES 5

FidoDaniela
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there @CC23, I hope you are currently doing well besides your little hiccup with your phone. 

I have a few questions for you: 

• What do you mean by the fact that you are not in the LTE network?
  • What type of phone do you have?
  • Did you check your battery saving preferences?

CC23

Hello there!

Doing well thank you and hope you are as well!

- I'm on the GSM/HSPA Auto network (I read in another post someone said to switch from LTE to GSM to fix the issue. Apparently worked for that person, not for me though).

- LG G6. 

- battery saver turns on at 15%. 

Any suggestions how to fix this issue? It's not all the time, on & off it randomly happens. Still very frustrating when it does because then my texts are out of whack. 

Thank you 

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Thanks for clarifying @CC23,

We would first suggest setting your network selection to automatic and the network mode to GSM/HSPA/LTE if available. This should allow a faster and smoother experience on our netwrok.

In terms of using a third party texting app, our help would be limited. That being said, after completing these settings changes, can you try exchanging some texts using your default Android messaging app?

Let us know how it goes.

CC23

Hello

1. LTE for some reason works slower, I get 2/5 bars for signal, whereas the GSM/HSPA 3/5 bars. I did try LTE and using the stock messaging app, but the app is so laggy. It freezes up or shows "sending..." And takes a lot longer to send than Textra. 

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Thanks for the update,

It seems that your signal strength is at cause here, 2 bars is not a good reception. We'd like to ask a few more question to better assist you:

1. Do you always get 2 bars of signal?
  2. Is this indoors or outdoors?
  3. Can you also confirm if you're sending your SMS on Textra, though Wi-Fi or your mobile data?
  4. Is there a delay when using your mobile data to send SMS on Textra?
  5. Is your device a Fido phone?