Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re:

Jackie10
I'm a participant level 2

Hello,

I've noticed a roaming charges to location that I have no one in(family/friends...)

and there's no number showing besides these charges all that show's is: mobile msg?

example : USA. Mobile msg

what that means? 
I called customer service to understand these charges and he refused to give me the information such as the phone number for these charges, now isn't my right to know?
Why would I pay for something Mysterious?why Fido not listing the number? and why customer service refused to give me the answers to my questions?

can anyone help please?

thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Jackie10,

Welcome to the community!

What plan do you have -- pre-paid or post-paid? Mobile msg would refer to a text message. If they are roaming charges, it means that your phone connected to a US cellular tower when the text message was sent. It does not necessarily mean that the recipient of the text message was located in the US. Fido does not usually provide phone number information for text messages. You might be able to match the time and date to any sent messages from your phone.

Are you located near a border? If you have not left Canada, it's possible that your phone connected to a US cellular tower with a stronger signal at that particular location. That said, Fido is supposed to have an accidental roaming solution in place for those who live near the US border (see here and here). It's possible that US cellular tower has not yet been identified as problematic. You would need to discuss the matter with customer service so they might identify that location as an issue. Alternatively, you might consider sending @FidoSolutions a PM. Once they verify some information, they will also be able to access your account. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Jackie10

Hello,

thanks for your reply! My plan is post-paid.

I was in Florida during these charges and No I have no text messages done to the location stated in my bill,  I was using wifi/

Whatsapp while there and, as I mentioned previously I have no one I know that lives in that location...

There was about 6 charges to this location but, customer service refused to provide information in that regard...

I'm not arguing about paying my bill, I just need an honest explanation for these charges or Fido expect us to blindly pay

for the invoice with no questions asked?

I simply wants the list of the phone numbers Fido claimed that I have called or texted to! Hiding these information from the customer and asks them to pay for is very wrong and unacceptable!

thanks,

Hello again,

Thank you for the additional information. Since your plan is a post-paid plan, were the charges for Fido Roam or individual messages? Had you previously opted-out of Fido Roam?

@Jackie10 wrote:.. I mentioned previously I have no one I know that lives in that location...

As alluded to above, the messages sent were not necessarily to anyone at that location. The roaming charge is for any messages sent. They could have been sent to any one of your friends or family (or other contacts) while you were in Florida. Is it possible that you mistakenly sent a text message, thinking it was a WhatsApp message?

Do you also use iMessage or rich communication services (RCS) messages (see also here)? Is it possible some of those messages were sent as SMS/MMS rather than via Wifi.

I understand it's frustrating not being provided the phone numbers of those messages. However, that information isn't something which they normally keep a record. Even for messages sent while in Canada, your bill only provides a total tally of messages sent, not to whom the messages were sent.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers