cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Chat agent signed me up for services without permission/consent on Black Friday 11/25/2023

catarina_
I'm a participant level 2

Hi there, 

I spoke with an online chat agent briefly on 11/25/2023 in regard to the current Black Friday deal. I provided information like my name, email, address, etc. in the pre-chat survey and made it as far as submitting information for the pre-auth and then ended the chat due to the agent (Michel from Quebec) being unresponsive and unhelpful. 

I'm extremely upset and disturbed to have been signed up for services by him without my consent. He signed me up for the deal with a new phone number despite telling him initially in chat I wanted to port over my number. He signed me up for services despite not consenting/saying yes/somehow running a credit check on me to even be able to sign me up for these services. 

It is so predatory and so horrible that he was able to do that. I'm extremely upset and want to escalate his actions as he shouldn't be allowed to do that to anyone else. Please help me get in contact with someone so that I'm able to escalate this massive breach of privacy and extremely concerning issue. 

Thanks, 
Cat

2 REPLIES 2

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Catarina_,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear of your experience. Unfortunately, we cannot speak as to what was discussed in your interaction with the customer service representative.

@catarina_ wrote:

.... He signed me up for the deal with a new phone number despite telling him initially in chat I wanted to port over my number. ...

I understand you intended on porting your number. However, you should note when purchasing a new plan, the line will be provided a phone number (temporary, if you intend on porting one in). You will only be able to get your current phone number once the porting process completes (see here). A new line cannot be created without a phone number and your phone number cannot port-over without an active line. There was no malintent in your line having a new number. It is a necessary part of the process.

I also understand you have already spoken with someone about your situation. You should note this forum is community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. We would not have access to customer accounts. If you wish to further discuss your situation, you would need to re-contact customer service. They can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

catarina_

Some extra information: 

I was able to cancel the services he signed me up for after calling in and finally speaking with a rep after an hour. I asked to speak with a supervisor afterward to speak about the chat agent Michel, but I waited on hold for another hour+ before disconnecting and going to sleep. 

I was also charged an activation fee, Michel selected an eSim that obviously wasn't set up, and this activation was performed more than 2 hours after I ended the chat.