cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random Credit Inquiry

Kulbeer
I'm a contributor level 1

I have been a mobile customer with Fido since ~10 months and I suddenly see a random hard inquiry by Fido on my Credit file (Aug 2022). This is very weird, I didn't enrolled for any new service recently, this has resulted a drop in my credit score. Could you please take a look at this on priority and get it corrected?

12 REPLIES 12

Fidos_Victim
I'm a participant level 2

Same with me. Custtomer service opened case study & slept on it. 

Long waiting times to only hear "someone will look into it" 

Point is when, 2050?

king12345
I'm a contributor level 2

Hi @Fidos_Victim, I think they didn't sleep after raising enquiry request they might have rejected but customer agent just says that it's in progress or it's gonna take 30 days because they don't want get in trouble/arguments/talks. This is something that happened to me. Fido credit operation team raised the request for me too but whenever I check s with customer agents they said that it's in progress but yesterday I was on call with one fido guy he told me that the request was rejected after 3 days it was opened... 

Valay

I have the same issue. did you find any solution?

Hello @Valay,

I'm sorry to read that you've been impacted by this credit check. Feel free to contact us over these channels so we can take a closer look.  

Kulbeer

I raised a complaint with CCTS against Fido and Fido has to reply/resolve this issue within 15 days.

king12345

Hi @Kulbeer , how did you raise the complaint with ccts. I am also planning the same because I have been in discussions with fido Chat and Call but no results and they closed muje Credit request without any reason.

also I think it's very unethical and unacceptable to made a hard credit enquiry without customer's consent. Whenever any one make the credit check they need to have consent and it should need consent everytime. 

do you think this is something that needs to be reported se regulatories? 

Kulbeer

Raise a complaint on https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/en/

For me, after raising complaint, I got a very quick response and within a week, Fido wrote a letter to TransUnion to remove the hard inquiry (cc : me)

king12345

thanks for your reply.

I think this should be accepted solution!!

Hi there @Kulbeer , I understand you have concerns about a recent credit check. This is definitely a question for customer service. They have full access to our accounts and can have that discussion with you. We are a community forum and don't have the ability to access accounts. I would suggest calling Fido from your device to *611 and having a discussion with the service representative or credit department. Hope you get the answers you need. 

king12345

Hi @Original_Lucy , this happened to me as well and I have created a topic for this-

https://forums.fido.ca/t5/General-Support/Fido-made-hard-credit-enquiry-without-consent/td-p/194451

About your advise to talk to *611, 

I tried but no help, and kind of frustrated with fido Chat and call it takes around 2-3 hours to talk someone and no results at the end.
So when I talked to fido on 19th Sept, Fido's  credit operation raised a request to investigate and revert hard request to credit burea but back office rejected this request for no reason on 22nd Sept. whereas I can see in transuinion report that they made hard enquiry, it's clearly stated with date and fido on it.

I am thinking this is ethically not right that they made hard enquiry without my consent. I want to escalate it, it's totally unacceptable.. unfortunately fido doesn't have any escalation procedure. Can you help or advise what I can do in this case?

Hi there @king12345 , sorry that didn't work for you. If you look at This  page, and scroll down you will see an option to report a concern. This may be what you're looking for to express your concerns. All the best 👍 

king12345

Thanks, I think CCTS is the only way I am left with... if this doesn't work then I may need to talk to  attorney because clearly it's unacceptable to made a credit enquiry without my consent.