Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question: By the Month Prepaid Plan

jdlmasangkay
I'm a participant level 2

Hi,

I am looking to changing my current $70 By The Month Plan to either the $30 or $45 By The Month Plans, since I found that I don't really have much use for data nor using my phone that much to actually maximize the unlimited Canada wide calling. I do have some clarifications though:

(1) $30 By the Month Plan: Since there is no data included on this plan, what happens if I turn on my cellular data? Will I get charged separately for it, or I don't get any service at all? As for the Anytime Minutes, what happens if I consume the 250 minutes? Can I still make calls or do I need to top-up first? And can I still be contacted?

(2) $45 By the Month Plan: Similar question, what would happen if I consume 400MB data allowance? Is it 5c/MB deducted on the $45?

Appreciate if anyone could help clarify this for me. Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Jdlmasangkay,

Welcome to the community!

If you choose a plan without data, by enabling data on your phone, any app or intended use of data should prompt you to purchase an data add-on or pass (see here).

If you use the entire allotment of minutes, you would get charged 45¢ per minute. Since these plans are prepaid, the funds would have to already be in your account prior to being able to use additional minutes.

Since both incoming and outgoing calls are considered airtime, incoming calls -- when you have exceeded your allotment and insufficient funds available -- would be forwarded directly to voicemail. Note you would need airtime to listen to your voicemail.

Similarly, if you exceed your data allotment, you would get charged 5¢ per Mb (for the $45 plan) -- in addition to the monthly plan fee. Again, the funds would have to already be in your account prior to being able to use additional data.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

jdlmasangkay

Hi Cawtau,

Thanks for the immediate response! Everything's clear now.

Cheers