cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Putting plan on hold

tfriddo
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

Hi, I would like to know how to put my plan on hold as I will not be returning to Canada for quite a while. I do not understand why this is so complicated I have been trying to do this for a few days now. 

7 REPLIES 7

Izaya
I'm a participant level 1

I want to cancel my plan because I can't use it when I go back to China in recent months, so I don't want to waste money if I can't use it. Please cancel it, thank you!

Hey there, in order to cancel your services you would need to reach out to customer service or we can send you a PM. Let us know what you prefer Smiley 

houtan71

@FidoDaniela 

Hello Daniela,

I also want to hold on my account. Because I'm still in my country and I will come back to Canada by December 30th. I don't know how can I apply through this online. I will appreciate it if you respond to me by email. 

Regards

Hey @houtan. We got your PM about this.

For future reference, you do need to talk to our customer service to take care of this type of request.

You can find the ways to reach us here.

Talk to you soon. 

cysroity

Because I don't need the plan for couple months, I don't want to pay the money.Can I cancle the plan couple months.Thank you!

Hey there @cysroity, what you want to do it's called a temporary suspension, there is a thread here on the community with all the details you need for this Smiley 

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @tfriddo,

Welcome to the community!

Only a Fido representative can apply a temporary suspension on the line, you will need to get in contact with customer service to have it done. 

You can contact customer service through any of the available methods listed here.

A few things to note before you proceed with the temporary suspension.

• You need to have been with Fido for a minimum of one month and must not be in a contract.
  • The suspension and the monthly suspension fees will take effect on the last day of your current billing cycle.
  • It costs $7/month, you will have to pay for it up-front unless you have a pre-authorized payment setup.
  • If you are on the Fido Payment Program you will continue to pay your monthly funding amount during the suspension.