cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with setting up monthly auto refill

hungrymeerkat
I'm a participant level 3

I have been trying to set up auto refill on my prepaid plan but keep getting an error message "Oops! That doesn't seem to be working."  - This is after finally being able to register a new credit card last week (which didn't work online but ended up fine through phone).  If I have to set up auto refill by phone, what are the phone options? I've listened to the options but none seem to match what I want to do. Please fix your website. It's poorly designed and the functions don't work. It doesn't tell you what exactly the problem is. And trying to get a hold of a person on the phone is impossible.

8 REPLIES 8

FidoChristina
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there!

Welcome to the community!

Have you tried clearing your cache and cookies or perhaps trying a different browser altogether?

Let us know if that helps!

hungrymeerkat

I couldn't change my credit card online but was able to by phone. I am sure all of the information matches. I think it is the website. Since adding monthly auto refill doesn't work online, I am trying to do it by phone. But it's extremely frustrating when I can't get a hold of a person to help me out. And they don't give this auto refill option over the phone.

Hey @hungrymeerkat,

You should be able to subscribe to auto refill by calling 611. Once you're in the menu of the automated system, simply press options 3 - 4 - 2. 

Keep us posted if it works Smiley

hungrymeerkat

Thank you! That's what I needed - I would not have thought to go into the credit card option. BUT... it won't let me add it unless I'm on a recurring price plan or have a monthly add-on. Sad 

I guess I'm on an old plan that no longer exists? 

Hi @hungrymeerkat,

Let me send you a PM to look into it.

Thanks. 

Hey @hungrymeerkat

Did that help?

Keep us posted! Smiley

hungrymeerkat

I have tried clearing my cache and using different browsers but I still get the same error message. I can successfully set up auto refill when the balance is low. But not recurring auto refill. Is it possible to do it by phone? If so, what option do I select?

Thanks for checking that out!

To make sure you can register your card, you must make sure that the name (first and last name) and billing address, registered with the Credit Card company, is spelled exactly the same as on your Fido account. 

Are you able to compare the information saved on each account, and make sure they're the same? Smiley