cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price match?

ATC2020
I'm a participant level 3

I just renewed my contract with Fido, and selected the S20+ for my phone upgrade. This was yesterday, and I see that I could have saved $1000 buying the same exact phone directly from the Samsung Canada site.

Will I be able to get the price closer to the Samsung site, or will I need to return the phone once it arrives?

8 REPLIES 8

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello ATC2020,

Welcome to the community!

Firstly, Fido does not generally price match on an individual basis. That said, are you sure you've got your numbers correct? Since you've just renewed your contract, you'll likely be on Fido's new Payment Program so the device costs should be separate from plan costs. I'm not sure if Fido made changes to the pricing of that device since yesterday, but looking at the costs on the website today, it appears as though you'd be paying less with Fido. I understand the full price listed for the Galaxy S20+ (128GB) is more than on the Samsung Canada website. I also understand that there is an upfront cost. However, are you aware that the financing on the Samsung Canada website is for 36 months?

Perhaps my math is not correct, but I don't see the $1000 difference you've noted. You might consider verifying your numbers.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Hello again,

@Cawtau wrote:... I'm not sure if Fido made changes to the pricing of that device since yesterday, but looking at the costs on the website today, it appears as though you'd be paying less with Fido...

Yes, my calculations were based on the amounts available on the websites. I mentioned that from the outset. I don't have access to your account so I have no clue whether what you're paying is any different. Even if what you're paying is more than what is advertised on Fido.ca, you're better off asking Fido about trying to get that deal rather than price matching Samsung Canada.

You should keep in mind that if you upgraded your phone while still having a balance on your old device, you would still need to pay that outstanding balance. In addition, if you upgraded while still under contract, your contract might be a subsidised plan rather than the financed model.

If your financing for your phone is greater than that advertised on the website, you might consider contacting customer service to see if there is anything they can do for you. They do have their 15 Satisfaction Guarantee, however, there are some stipulations (see here). Alternatively, you might consider sending @FidoSolutions a PM. Once they verify some information, they'll also be able to access your account.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

ATC2020

S20 plus Samsung canada.jpg

Hello again,

Samsung.jpg

~taken from here.

If you do the math for Fido's 24 month vs Samsung Canada's 36 month financing, I think Fido's financing ends up being cheaper.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

ATC2020

from samsung, the monthly fee for 36 months adds up to just over $1200

ATC2020

So, unless I'm getting the phone for around $35/month plus my plan, like today's Fido page says, I don't know where your numbers are coming from.Fido June 17 2020.jpg

ATC2020

Sorry @Cawtau , I'm just really confused about this.

Hello again,

No worries 😀

If you're confused, it might be better to discuss the matter with customer service. They'll be able to access your account and tell you if your financing is different and possibly why it's different. Alternatively, you might consider sending @FidoSolutions a PM. Once they verify some information, they'll also be able to access your account.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers