Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prepaid: Register a new Credit card!

MCB_52
I'm a contributor level 2
I'm a contributor level 2

Assistance required:

Impossible to manage any aspect of one's Prepaid account on fido.ca anymore. Need to register a new Credit Card, and despite name & address matching the account name, when attempting to add via the automated system (611), it transfers us to a Rep. Here's the thing, none of us should be providing entire Credit Card details (account #, exp date & Security code) by phone. This is in no way secure.

So, how can one register a new Credit Card for Prepaid without giving it to an agent, when your website will not service Prepaid any longer (whithout explanation, by the way), and, 611 won't allow us to self-add the card?

Also, please explain the instructions below, still posted to your website to this date in MAY 2023:

https://www.fido.ca/support/billing-payment/how-to-refill-or-auto-refill-your-account

Or make a one-time refill

There are several ways to do a one-time refill. Click on the method of payment to learn more.

Using your credit card

Register your credit card once and refill your account directly from your phone or on fido.ca in just a couple easy steps.

Step 1: Register your card in My Account on fido.ca

Things to Know

• The name and address of your prepaid account must match the information registered with your credit card’s financial institution.
  • You must be the primary cardholder.
  • The credit card must be issued by a Canadian financial institution. We aren’t able to accept Prepaid Visa, Visa Debit, Debit MasterCard, international and third party credit cards at this time.
  • Before doing a one-time credit card refill, you must first register your credit card with Fido. You can do this by accessing the Refill Now button via the My Account Overview page, then selecting the credit card option in the One-time refill tab. This process can take up to 48 hours.

Step 2: Choose from 3 easy ways to refill your account:

1. Log in to My Account and select Credit Card in the Refill section, or
  2. Call *611 and select 1 for the Refill menu, or
  3. Call one of the star codes (the associated amount will be added to your account instantly)
    • Call the star code of your choice from your phone and you'll be immediately directed to the appropriate menu.
    • Enter your 4-digit PIN code (hint: we sent you a text with your PIN when you activated).
    • Confirm the transaction.

Redeeming a voucher

Prepaid airtime vouchers come in denominations of $10, $20, $30, $50 and $100 and can be purchased at all Fido points of sale and most drugstores, gas stations, convenience stores, electronics stores and post office locations

There are 3 options you can choose to refill your account with a voucher:

• Call *868
    • Call *868 from your phone and you'll be immediately directed to the appropriate menu.
    • Access the Refill Now button via the Overview page in My Account.
    • Then select the Redeem Voucher option.
    • Enter the 14-digit code that appears on your receipt when prompted.

1 REPLY 1

FidoLony

Hey @MCB_52

The information you shared from our website is only for one time payments. From my understanding you're looking to set up a form of automated payments for your prepaid account. 

I was able to find this page: How to refill your Fido Prepaid Account - Fido and for auto refills it says;

How to register for Auto Refill

• Before registering for Auto Refill you will need to register your credit card with Fido. You can do this by accessing the Refill Now button via the My Account Overview page, then selecting the Auto Refill option that suits you. This process can take up to 48 hours.
  • To sign up, modify or cancel Auto Refill, visit the Refill section in My Account or dial *611.

Now if this is still not working properly for you, we would then suggest to get in touch with customer care to look into it further!