cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to port old number to new unlocked phone with new SIM card?

lessmiserable
I'm a contributor level 2

Hi there,

My current phone threatens to die on me any time, so I went to get a newer unlocked one which only nano sim cards could fit, which means I need to purchase a new sim card too.

My concern is can I keep my existing number and does my existing balance of talk time (prepaid) transfer over or do I have to start from scratch?

And if that's possible, can I do it myself online or over the phone with a staff member, or do I have to visit a store (is that possible given the current lockdown situation?)

Please kindly advise. Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4

lessmiserable

Thank you for the clarification. One more question though if you don't mind - does that mean there's going to be a fee?

Hey, @lessmiserable a fee to update the SIM card? In your case no, but you will have to purchase the new SIM card.

lessmiserable

Thank you!

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @lessmiserable,

You will not lose your phone number or balance if you are updating your SIM card, with that being said you will need to contact customer service or visit a Fido store with two pieces of ID to update the SIM card for the pre-paid line as there is no way to do it through self-serve.