cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting my number to fido

mike56
I'm a participant level 2

Please list the steps I need to take to port my number from another service to Fido

***Edited to add labels***

9 REPLIES 9

atulabot

I called in to transfer my number from Freedom to Fido this morning at 9:20 am (today's date: Nov. 22, 2020). It's 1:20 pm now and I still don't have service on my Fido SIM card. My old SIM w/ Freedom is no longer in service and I've received an email that my service with Freedom has been cancelled. Just wondering why it's taking a while! Anything else that I need to do? 

Hey @atulabot!

If the Freedom service stopped working and the temporary Fido number is not working either, then the port-in should be complete Smiley

Can you restart your phone? That should reset things and have it work. Try it out and let us know if that fixes things!

atulabot

Hi Nick,

Thanks for replying. I've restarted my phone, reset "network settings", reset "all settings" and I still have no service. Should I go in person to a Fido store? Please let me know, thanks in advance. 

We're going to check it out together @atulabot

Sending you a PM, see ya there! 

Ccrony
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

How do i reach out with that information? Phone? Email? Text?  Online?

Hello Ccrony,

Welcome to the community!

You will need to contact customer service in order to provide that information. Alternatively, you might consider sending @FidoSolutions a PM. Once they verify some information, they'll also be able to access your account.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

FidoPamela
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @mike56

Welcome to the Community Smiley 

The very first step would be to activate an account with us. We'd give you a temporary number at first. 

Once you're ready for the transfer, we'll send a request to have your existing number transferred to replace the temporary number. 

To request the transfer, you need to reach out to us. We'll need the phone number you want to transfer as well as your account number with your current provider. If you have a Password/PIN or the IMEI of the phone you have with them, it can help too. The more info we have the more chances of the transfer going smoothly. 

Once the transfer is requested, it takes a max of 2.5 hours for a mobile and 7 days for a landline number to be transferred. You'd receive a text message on the phone as soon as the transfer is completed. 

Once the transfer is completed, both the temporary number and the line with your old provider would be cancelled. 

Hope that helps! 

mike56

Thank you, it went seamlessly.

Thanks for keeping us posted, @mike56! Glad to learn that everything went well Smiley