Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan Retention/Price Matching Phone Price

janammarthak
I'm a contributor level 1

Hello,

I've been with Fido for many years. I currently have a great plan and I only have 1 month left on my device. I was thinking about upgrading my phone, however all the new plans don't make it worth the change.

I was wondering if it was possible for me to keep my plan after my contract expires in a pay as you go setting?

My second question is that I noticed that the S20 Plus is priced at $2000 on the Fido website, which is not true at all. I found the exact same device on for less elsewhere. I was wondering if Fido price matched the cost of the device or not when getting a new plan.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

FidoPhilippe

Hey @janammarthak! Philippe here. Welcome to the community. Smiley

Your existing plan may or may not be eligible for the financing of a new phone. The best way to find out would be to contact us directly. We can also check out all your options for a new phone while we're at it, to see if we can construct something that works for you. You can contact us here or request a PM from the community.

As for the price, they're normally much lower with financing, as this is usually how our clients acquire our phones. For example, the Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G is $780 + $800.16 ($33.34 x 24 months) for a total of $1580.16 before tax with financing.

I hope this helps!

janammarthak

As you said, $780 down with 33.34 a month for 24 months with financing comes to $1580.16. However, if the phone was purchased outright elsewhere, it would be 1249+Tax as it says, so I don't see it coming out any cheaper with financing. 

I would like to request a PM from the community so I can get clarification on the following two points: 

1. Can I keep my plan after the 24 months are up (since it includes bonus data) without upgrading the phone?

2. Can I price match the "full price" of the phone as stated on the phones page on fido.ca with another provider?

Thanks.

My apologies! I should have specified that it was less then our listed full price, not the price you found elsewhere. I'll send you a PM shortly to go over all that with you. Smiley

Also, I had to edit your posts, as it did violate our terms of use, specifically about submitting content that contains prices, advertisements, solicitations for goods or services or references to other products, offers, websites or competitors. You can find our terms of service here for reference.

Thank you!