cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan Changes while on contract

tdiepca
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I'm new to this whole contract thing. I signed a 2 year contract on black friday 2021 12G $50 plan for 2 lines ($40 for first line after credits of $10/month off, and $35 for 2nd line $10/off + $5 off additional line, both with device subsidies).

I signed on to my account and received an offer for a 15G/$45 plan for both lines. Does that mean that now my charges will be $35 for first line and $30 for second line, ie. I get to keep all the previous contracted credits of $10/off per month on first line and $10+5 off for second line?

The contract isn't clear about switching plans and how that impacts my device and monthly credits. The new plan is cheaper so I'm not sure if this breaks the contract either.

3 REPLIES 3

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Tdiepca,

Welcome to the community!

Firstly, you should note that Fido no longer offers subsidised options. Currently, they only offer their financed Payment Program. As such, your contract would be for the device financing rather than for services. In most cases, you should be able to switch plans within the same plan category. However, you would need to clarify whether that plan offer is within the same category grouping. For example, if that offer was for a BYOP plan, you would likely need to pay the balance of your device when switching from a financed to BYOP plan.

In addition, you should also note in general, certain credits might not be compatible with all plans. If you would like to discuss your particular situation, your best option would be to contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

vishwashah710
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

I was unaware about this. And i have downgraded my plan with more than 1000 left for my phone. Now can you please give me solutions for this because I am stuck and I am student I can't pay this much 

Hey @vishwashah710! Feel free to contact us through one of our servicing channels and we'll be glad to review the situation with you.