cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number change online

Alicia93
I'm a participant level 1

Is there a way to change my phone number online? If so can someone help me how? If not can I go in? I need to change it asap!

57 REPLIES 57

I'Ve just sent it again now Smiley Let me know if you get it by PM!

jenn5
I'm a contributor level 1

Finally solved over phone.  Thank you all the same

Sent you a PM Smiley

jenn5

Sorry, didn't get any PM

jenn5

IMG_1788.PNG

For sure @jenn5

I'll send you a PM so we can help with this! Smiley 

jenn5

Ok.  I am waiting.

FidoPierre
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @azeq

Can you confirm that you're logging into My Account as the account holder? Did you also get to try a different browser to see if you notice a difference? The option to change phone number on My Account is currently not available to prepaid lines.

Let me know if this is your case and I'll send you a PM so we can take a closer look into this together. You can also reach out to us in any of the methods found here

I've logged in, selected: My Account > Services > Mobile > Selected my # from dropdown... and the only thing to the right of the dropdown is a "Refer a Friend" button, below which is my usage summary. Nothing else on the page. I have pre-paid monthly service with Fido... anything else I can do?

FidoMaria
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi @28992 & welcome to the Community. Smiley

For the time being, prepaid subscribers can't change their phone number online. You can reach out to us here to do the change, or I can send you a PM!

Let me know what you'd prefer.

Hi @deepak111 & welcome to the Community!

Which browser were you using, and did you try clearing the cache and cookies?

Let me know. Smiley

deepak111
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

I tried changing number from  Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft edge browser, i can choose the number to change and on next page it shows  your number will become .......  and then once I press confirm button it shows up Oh-oh!

Some error occurred. Please try again later.

I tried changing the number couple of times but the result is always same,

jenn5
Hi deepak111. I just have the same problem in changing my phone number online. Can I ask how you solve the problem at last? Thank you.

jenn5
I tried changing number from Chrome and Microsoft edge browser, i can choose the number to change and on next page it shows your number will become ....... and then once I press confirm button it shows up Oh-oh!
Some error occurred. Please try again later.

I tried changing the number couple of times but the result is always same.

Hey @jenn,

Can you let us know if you had the chance to try out some of the troubleshoothing steps found on this thread?

jenn5
Change different browsers, clear cookies and cache, and the current number and the new number are in the same province. So I don't know what else I can do. Help would be much appreciated