cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone has been shipped to wrong address twice

vanshajn1
I'm a participant level 3

I am incredibly disappointed in the customer service with FIDO. I ordered a phone around a week ago and it arrived with scratches on the front screen. I asked for an exchange and when confirmed the address I wanted it delivered to with the customer service representative. However, the phone was delivered to an old address. I spent 3 hours talking to customer service before they finally said they would re-deliver to the changed address only to find out that they put the old address again. The service representatives were also incredibly rude and did not seem to want to assist in this situation at all. It has now been another 4 days with no improvement to the situation. 

7 REPLIES 7

vanshajn1

I am contacting fido support for the 3rd time now to try and rectify this issue.

BobC83
I'm helpful level 1
I'm helpful level 1

FYI, I don't think, under the Wireless Code, that Fido can bill you for wireless service while you are without a phone due to their fault.

vanshajn1

thats good. Ill call and ask about it. It got delivered again to the wrong address so now its been 3 times its been sent to the wrong address

Hello Vanshajn1,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you're having issues receiving your new phone. Unfortunately, I'm not sure the information provided above is correct:

TWC - devices.jpg

~ taken from The Wireless Code (section F).

Delays in receiving a newly purchased device does not appear to be mentioned as a reason to suspend services. If you are new to Fido, your services will start when you first purchased the device and line, not when you receive the device. Similarly, if you are were a current customer when making the purchase and changed your plan with the purchase, the new plan would have replaced your old plan immediately and not when you receive your device.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

BobC83
I'm helpful level 1
I'm helpful level 1

Lost and damaged devices are covered, though. If it's Fido's fault for losing the device or delaying it's delivery, I would think that would be looked on more favourably than when. as per the code, the customer is responsible for the loss or damage.

Hello again,

It is not lost or stolen. Even if it were considered lost or stolen, the customer needs to notify the service provider that their device has been lost or stolen (section F3i). That would not be the situation here.

Cheers

vanshajn1

So I spoke to FIDO customer care and they said that since the "shipped" the item already, even though I have not received it, I will still be charged the same during the billing cycle.