cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone delivered to the wrong address

nopixel
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

As the title says, I ordered a Google Pixel 5 on September 16, 2021, because my current phone has been showing signs of slowing down etc and genuinely becoming an inconvenience.

The website was laggy so the first time I attempted to order there were many errors and including a hurdle where I had to verify my purchase by calling the fraud centre due to my sudden phone purchase being investigated (??)

Anyways once that was cleared up I finally got my order through, and shipping took a over a month rather than the three days that was written. A MONTH. Throughout this month, I kept checking with fido to see if anything went wrong etc and there was one address change which they added my unit number apparently (not that it should matter, everyone at this address gets their mail delivered to the front desk) and so I thought I should wait a bit longer.

The tracking showed that it delivered on 10/25/2021 but I received nothing. They delivered to the wrong address and although the fido agent confirmed with me my shipping address and the delivered address it clearly was not my fault.

Now today I got a phone call from fido about a refund and stuff and that I will no longer be receiving a Pixel 5 because fido no longer carries it with them. The more I thinking about it the angrier I get...

I waited over a month for nothing. Just a lot of trouble. Seriously thinking about switching phone carriers now, this experience has been horrible.

2 REPLIES 2

jogrady1
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

" including a hurdle where I had to verify my purchase by calling the fraud centre due to my sudden phone purchase being investigated (??)"

Be glad they take these security measures. Someone got into my account and ordered 2 brand new iPhones ($1800 each) to a town near Ottawa, nowhere near where I live. I got lucky - i got the purolator text with the traching # and was able to stop the shipment.

FidoPhilippe

Hey @nopixel! Philippe here. Welcome to the community. Smiley

I'm sad to read about your experience in trying to get a Pixel 5 for yourself. That's certainly not what we want to happen when you order a new phone!

Has there been resolved to your satisfaction since your post? If not, you can request a PM from the community, and we'll be happy to check-out your options.

We hope to hear from you!