Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment arrangements

avia105
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

hi there,

i got into an accident & broke my phone and rendered it useless. I still have a balance of $960 on my phone before I can upgrade. I was wondering if I could discuss my options. I would like to get the same phone as I had a.s.a.p as it's detrimental for work, but there's just no way I can afford a one time payment of 960 at the moment- with that being said though, I know I will be able to do it in 4 payment arrangements. Would I be allowed to do something like that? Or is there something in fido  where I can replace  a new phone for accidental breakage? 

thank you

1 REPLY 1

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @avia105,

Welcome to our Community! 

I'm really sad to learn about your situation 😔 Breaking a phone is never pleasant, but what's more important is that you're alright!

I understand that having to pay for the remaining balance of $960 on your device can be difficult so I'll explain a bit how that works. The remaining balance would be charged on your upcoming bill along with your monthly service fee and would be due on the next payment due date. While it is possible to make a payment arrangement for the entire owned balance on the account, the specifics of the possible payment arrangement depend on different variables of your account. You can discuss this and get more info by reaching out to our Credit Operations department.

As for replacing your device, did you have the Device Protection on your account? If you did, you can learn more about it here.

To look at other options for replacing your phone, you can also contact us through these channels or we can send you a private message on the Community, let us know what you prefer.