Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Past due balance occurs while has pre-authorized payment since day 1

VitaJohnny
I'm a contributor level 1

Hello all,

Today I have noticed there is a past due balance appeared on my account but the weird thing is I have pre-authorized payment completed since the very first day of my service is activated.

I have downloaded and checked all of the billing statements one by one and none of them is showing signs of late payment and carried over to any of them. The row of "Balance brought forward column" on every statement is showing $0. I just cannot find any number that can relate to the past due balance that is showing up in my account as well.

Should I be worried?

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3

VitaJohnny

Hello all,

I want to share a quick update that the Fido support team has confirmed that they cannot find any past due balance on my account, so I believe it is safe to conclude the balance I see on my account is a glitch.

Many thanks again!

Good morning @VitaJohnny  that sounds like a glitch somewhere. Has your payment method changed, like an updated credit card that perhaps you didn't update in your profile, or a different direct pay method that needs to be updated. That happened to me when I received my new credit card with a different expiration date. I received a notice of a late payment and realized I didn't update my info. Either way,  you may want to contact Fido support through one of the methods mentioned HERE

to have it looked into. Best of the season to you, stay safe 

VitaJohnny

Hello @Original_Lucy , thank you for the reminder and suggestion! The payment method is the same since day 1 and the credit card is not near its expire date so that is not the case. After a couple more google searches I have found some other folks has encountered the exact problem before so I am believing the past due balance is some kind of glitch as well. I will reach out to Fido's support through the link to make sure nothing weird is going on. Thank you!