cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overused international minutes

Robanpreet
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

my name is robanpreet singh. I am a fido user and i got $562 bill for a month and when i check it was due to overuse of international calling and i was unaware of it and do not get any message so i want to say that i am unable to pay this much of bill. And request to fido to decrease that bill 

thank you

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Robanpreet,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you've incurred unexpected long-distance charges on your bill. I understand you were not notified of excess long-distance charges. While Fido does not provide notifications for long-distance usage they do provide a means of monitoring call usage (ie My Account app).

You should note these forums are community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. If you would like assistance with your rmatter, you would need to contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

In the mean time, I understand this is a difficult time and receiving such a bill even more distressing. If you're unable to make full payment on the bill, you might consider trying to arrange a payment schedule. To make an arrangement, you'll need to contact the credit operations department. It should also be mentioned that any arrangement would be at the discretion of the credit operations team.

Alternatively, it may be possible to set up a Promise to Pay via your My Account --> My Bill --> Billing & Payment --> Set up Promise to Pay. However, I'm not sure whether that option is in lieu of contacting the credit operations team.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers