Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overcharged LD showing number on bill which I have never called

ravi89
I'm a participant level 3

Hi Fido 

1. I have been using 1000 LD minutes as per my plan but on my current and few previous bills, fido has shown a number which is from Durham NC 919 XXX XXXX and charged me for LD. However, the actual number dailed was 919 XXX XXXX (i have screenshot proof) which is absolutely included country as per 1000 minutes in plan and I have been calling  on this number for free. Fido occasionally picks 2 or 3 calls on this number as a Durham NC number. Note that Both of this number has only last 2 digits difference. Now, I have seen charges applied everynow and then as Fido feels while other calls are free on my number.. I need a solution here as what is wrong and why I am being charged what I have not used for. I had a chat with customer care which failed to answer and query unresolved. I need a technical fix here as well along with full refund of charges I have paid. I am happy to share a screen shot as proof. Check this screenshot for May 14 @ 07. 47 call for example....see difference in fido bill and dialed call history....this is only one example in this bill..

3 REPLIES 3

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Ravi89,

Welcome to the community!

Firstly, you might consider deleting those images and removing those phone numbers from your post as they do include your personal information.

That said, looking at your images, the phone number entered for that particular contact does not include the International exit code. To make an International call, you must first dial 011 or include the '+' (plus symbol) prior to the Country code. That is, to dial India, it would be 011 91 phone number or +91 phone number.

Since that contact's phone number does not include the 011 or '+', the system thought the area code was 919 rather than Country code 91.

To avoid similar happenings in the future, you might consider adding the '+' Country code to all of your contacts. I include both for all of my contacts because the International exit codes vary by Country. If I'm abroad, I don't have to search for the proper exit code if I'm trying to make calls outside of my travel destination. I can just dial the contact as saved in my phone.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

ravi89

I disagree,

1. I already know that + required before an international number, But my contact card saved in phone shows +91 number only.  Further, If I go by your logic then how ironic that Fido picks only 3 or 4 calls on that number as chargable in billing cycle but other calls on that number is not. If you  need + before international number and I have not been putting it all of my calls on that number must go to Durham..it is way convenient to say it requires in some instances to put + 91 other times it works fine.....I have been dialing that same number multiple times from last 6 months ....and only 3 or 4 calls in monthly billing cycle it takes wrong but other calls work fine ! No Logic.....

2. I know completely it requires international code and thats why my contact card has it...but If you look for those images Fido has been deliberately charging me. Bill i shared here has last 2 digit of number missing why ? I dialed different number which I shared as screenshot why bill shows different number. where the last 2 digits gone even if I take your argument of putting + 

Hello again,

Thank you for the additional information. However, are you sure the '+' is saved in your 'Janish' contact? The screen capture of your recent calls shows the phone number dialled without the International exit code.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers