cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overage Charges without Notice. One type of cheating

Karri
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

"I don't want overage charges",  I asked store manager before I signed the plan. In that plan there is a 1000 min international minutes. Every month I leftover so many minutes. Up to 8 months I don't get any problem. All of a sudden this month, I got 18dollars extra. If 1000 min crosses they don't stop.  They said that, we will charge. If we leave it they don't credit or they don't add on to next month. This is one type of cheating the people. I am paying every month 153 dollars. Even though they don't credit. I told him, this is first time happended to me. Eventhough that representative Mr Teddy neglected to give credit. He said that he will give for that 18 dollars for sharable monthly bill. I am paying monthly 153dollars but he is giving sharable monthly plan for 18 dollars. What a cheap mentality they have.  this is one type of cheating.

Another cheating is while signing the plan

Actually I took two services. If I took one service then the other service must be 5$ off every month.

But they are cheating another way. They divided as two accounts. One with 9gb internet and another is 2gb internet. Actually bother have to get 9gb internet. So like these fido cheating every one.  I took another service  shaw with unlimited calls only 15 dollars. no other charges . here i am paying 50 dollars. 3 times more.

so choose wisely because I suffering about fido charges 

4 REPLIES 4

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Karri,

Welcome to the community!

I understand not wanting to have any overage charges. However, it has always been the customers' responsiblity to monitor their own voice and messaging usage. While Fido does not provide notifications for additional long-distance usage they do provide a means of monitoring call usage (ie My Account app).

I do not know what was discussed with the representative with whom you spoke, but I didn't think Fido offers any sharable monthly plans.

I agree that people need to choose wisely. In addition, people need to know the details of their plans. You claim that the other service you have has no other charges. However, International long-distance would not be included. If you make any International calls, they would be charged accordingly.

Furthermore, when comparing different service options, people need to compare similar options. There will be a cost difference between a plan without included data and those with data included.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

vishaldod24
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

Hey I got a very big issue they charged me 1800$  for a single month for overage do not know where to go now. 

Hello Vishaldod24,

I replied to your other post here.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

khouya
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Hi Vishaldod24!

Contact fido directly to take some arrangments, or to have details about your billing. You can chat by clicking in the support section available at Fido.ca

Have a nice day Smiley Its been a pleasure to assist you today Smiley