cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outgoing call I never made

jo_hank
I'm a participant level 2

I received my fido bill today with a long distance charge out going call for 68 minutes to Marlboro Maryland on my daughter's phone and a overage bill of 37.40.  We do not know anyone in Maryland, and my teenage daughter rarely uses the phone - only texting.  The outgoing number was 301-715-8592.   Spoke to a customer service rep who told me that the imei and sim matched.  Asked to speak to a supervisor who again, said 100% the phone call was made by this phone and they could and would not credit the extra charges back.  Well, simple google search after my 1 hour phone call to Fido with no resolution shows that this number has in fact many complaints where people in Canada are billed for making phone calls to this number and who did not make the call.   Appears Fido would rather lose me as a monthly plan subscriber than give back me back my 37.40.  

5 REPLIES 5

Maiiiii
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

This is happening to me right now ! I had a $15 long distance call charge and searching up my phone call history . Exactly the same phone number, but I don't make phone calls nowaday since there are other apps to communicate with my friends . I know it is defly not me who makes the call. Just scary to me how this is happening 

jo_hank

She was away up North with 3 friends at a cottage with spotty phone service. There was no reason to be in a zoom meeting.  

Hello @jo_hank,

I would recommend double-checking with the user of the phone and if you need help with your account you're welcome to contact us over these methods

jo_hank

Interestingly enough I spoke to some neighbours last night.  One of them has a teenage son who had the exact same issue.  Same phone number, same 68 minute long distance charge.  He phoned fido and was offered more data for the same price.    Something clearly going on here.    

FidoVan

Hi there @jo_hank and welcome to the Community!

We understand it is never pleasant to receive a higher bill with charges that we have no knowledge about at all. That said, the quick search on Google did yield some results for the 301-715-8592 number which seems to relate to the app Zoom that allows people to make calls and meetings over the internet.

Does that application sound familiar and/or did your daughter perhaps attend a meeting for school or work on a similar application on the day that call is logged on your bill?

Let us know!