cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordered a phone and only being told they are all out after I chase them

Kenny13
I'm a contributor level 2

I ordered the Samsung Galaxy S10e when they had a sale.  It was a really good price.

Got an email telling me to wait 1 to 2 weeks.
"

We got your order for the Samsung Galaxy S10e 128GB Black CPO—great choice, by the way.

We’re sorry that it’s taking longer than usual to get it to you. It will ship within the next 1 to 2 weeks and we’ll confirm with an email that includes the tracking number, so you’ll know right when it's coming to your door. 

Please hang tight and thank you for your understanding.

"

After 3 weeks, got on a chat with FIDO and was told they don't offer it anymore.  It's all sold out.
If that is the case, they should not have sold it to me and should have emailed me right away.  Told me to go search some FIDO stores aound the city if I can find one myself.

No compensation or anything. They tried to offer me another phone which costed more and less powerful.

20+ years of loyalty does not count anymore.   

3 REPLIES 3

Kenny13

Was offered the A32 for a more expensive price and lower quality.

There is the A52 for same price as the A32 and the agent didn't even try to offer it to me.

I would have been less disappointed if Fido would have told me right away that they were out of stock instead of telling me to wait for the phone to be delivered.

I definitely understand how that can be unpleasant. Did you try contacting us this week to take advantage of our Black Friday offers? 

FidoAnthonyZ

Hello @Kenny13,

I'm sad to hear you're unable to get the phone you wanted. Sometimes when an order is placed, our system isn't updated quite at the same time with the correct inventory on this device.

We definitely appreciate your loyalty! Did you end up finding a device you wanted?