cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One-time refill problem

yhhung2021
I'm a participant level 3

On March 5, I made an one-time refill for $100 for 365days payment by Interac through Royal Bank of Canada. Why The payment of $112(including 12% tax) is not shown in my Airtime balance as of today?

One-time refill prepaid balance unchanged, but money taken.

7 REPLIES 7

yhhung2021

Hi FidoAnthonyZ: Yes, I paid it with one-time refill on www.fido.ca.

Thanks for the confirmation @yhhung2021!

The $12 of taxes is charged during the time of payment, it won't be shown on your balance though.

In terms of your service and balance, how much is the plan you have? Do you have one of the older $100 yearly plans? If so, then your entire $100 would pay for the plan and the balance would seem unchanged.

If you do not have one of those older plans then you should have seen your balance go up. If it's not the case please contact our prepaid team or if you you prefer just let us know and we can PM you here on the Community.

yhhung2021

Hi FidoNick. Thanks for your reply.

It was a long story. Originally, I had $100 yearly plan with an automatic payment once a year by my Credit Card. However, my credit card was expired by March 2021, and I did not receive my new card till now. So far, I am traveling in Taiwan and temporarily stay there due to COVID 19. In order to continue keeping my phone number, I cancelled my automatic payment of credit card on Fido website first, and I bought a refill voucher of $20 to recharge into my account on March 5. Later, a friend of mine told me that It was more convenient to choose a one-time payment by Interac . Therefore, I made my second refill of an one-time refill for $100 for 365 days payment by "Interac" through Royal Bank of Canada on the same day.

The following are the results shown in my account balance as of today and recent transations:

Balance $2.21. Expires: July 15,2021.

Recent Transaction Records:
April 03, 2021, 03:09 AM $0.75
911 Acess - Monthly Fee
Mach 05, 2021, 05:57AM $20.00
recharge voucher

No record of my second refill of $100 is shown in the transaction.

One-time refill prepaid balance unchanged, but money taken.

How can I deal with this problem?

Thanks again for your kind assistance.

Andrew

Hello @yhhung2021

It sounds like you used interac online for your payment. We would need to take a closer look at your account to see what happened.

Can you check on your end if the payment was not refunded back to your bank account?

Let us know.

yhhung2021

Hi Fidokenny, thanks for your reply.

You are right! I checked my RBC checking account, and found the Transactions are shown as follows:

Online Banking Interac purchase - 5052
Fido Solutions
-$112.00

Online Banking Interac reversal - 5052
Fido Solutions
$112.20

The money of $112.00 was refunded back to my account!

Why is the money refunded back to my bank account?  Is the main reason due to I refill twice on March 5?  That is, I made the refill with a voucher of $20 first, and I countinue make the second refill of one-time refill of $100 for 365 days through Interac.  

If I want to continue using the phone number, Can you tell me how can I pay one-time refill of $100 for 365 days though Interac, instead of using a voucher of $20 for monthly refill?

Thanks.

Regards, Andrew

Hi @yhhung2021

There could be a lot of reasons as to why your payment didn't go through and there should be some information telling you why on the first few pages of your invoice. Do you see anything that would explain so? In any cases, your bank processes the payments so they would be better equiped to check that from your account.

You can check this link out for our prepaid payment options: https://www.fido.ca/consumer/content/auto-refill-prepaid

Cheers!

FidoAnthonyZ

Hello @yhhung2021,

Welcome to the community! 

Was the payment made on our website?