Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Official Complain

Tyapici
I'm a participant level 2

Hi All, 

Can someone help me please. 

I received mail for the promostion from Fido. I call Fido and received the SIM card by mail. I had only one condition to keep my existing phone #. 

Individual in the said this is no problem, I willget a differnt number with the SIM and than I will convert this to my own number. 

I received the SIM, try to convert the number system tald me to call Fido. I called wait over 3 hrs, individuals told me I willreceived a call in next 48 hrs. I didNOT. 

I chat with someonefrom Fido, same story , and I havent received the call in next 48 hrs. It has been more than 10 days. 

I received a bill for a SIM I have never used. 

Can some one assist me please?

Account: 952036085 

5 REPLIES 5

Tyapici

Thank you for your reply. 

I have already  contacted Fido 4 times. two times by phone and two times by email. In each time I have promissied some one will call me in next 48 hrs and this never happend. I leary dont know what to do. I want them to cancel my account since I am not able to use it, however rep dosent do that without bill payment. 

I did nothing wrong, just Fido dont keep it word to change my number. 

I am very upset and really dont know what to do. 

What is your suggestion?

Thanks 

Hello again,

I understand you may have already contacted customer services. You should note, though, Fido does not offer customer services via email.

I don't think Fido isn't keeping their word about changing your phone number. When porting a number over, Fido would need to contact your old provider to request the port-over. When that is done, you would receive a text message from your old provider confirming the port-over request. If you did not receive or reply to that text message, Fido would not be able to port you phone number over.

I understand customer services is rather busy and it may take a while to actually speak with someone. However, you would need to re-contact them to request the your number ported over. It's possible the people you have already spoken with did not understand what you wanted. Alternatively, as mentioned, if you did not reply (or did not receive) to the port-over text message from your old provider, they would need to request the port-over again. Personally, I would wait to connect to customer service rather than having a call-back. In addition, I would specificlally use the term port-in or port-over your phone number. As well, you would need to ensure you can receive the port-over request confirmation text message from your old provider and reply without delay.

Unfortunately, if you still wished to cancel your services, you would also need to contact customer services. If you did, you would only be charged for prorated services.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Tyapici

Hi, 

Thank you for your time, 

Fido hasnt start to initiate process. I am waiting their call for more than two weeks. 

each time call/chat call service I have to explain the situation foe a new indivudual which takes around 3 hrs each call, answer is always same: some one will call you in 48 hrs. Sad I really pizzeled on what to do... 

Hello again,

I understand you have been waiting for their call. That's why I think there might be some sort of misunderstanding happening. The customer service representative should be able to initiate the port-over process without requiring someone to call you back.

You might consider trying to contact someone via DM on Twitter or Facebook or Live Chat as an alternative method.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Tyapici,

Welcome to the community!

I understand wanting to keep your old phone number. In order to get your old phone number, you would need to have Fido request to port-in your phone number from your old provider. It is not something we can do by ourselves. As you were previously informed, you would receive a phone number (temporary, if porting-in number) with the line you opened. Once the port-over is completed, your old number would be transferred to your new line. You should note that your line with your old provider needs to be active for the porting process. If you had already cancelled your line from your old provider, you might consider requesting they reinstate that line. If your old line (and phone number) is no longer available, Fido will unfortunately not be able to port it over.

I understand you have already received your bill. For any given billing cycle, you are charged the upcoming monthly fees as well as any overages you might have incurred during your previous month. So you are charged in advance for your monthly plan plus any usage above your allotments previous month. First bills are slightly different, though. Since most billing cycles start within a few days after activation, first bills usually include the upcoming monthly fees as well as prorated charges for the few days before your billing cycle started. For the days before the billing cycle starts, the charges are prorated (monthly plan ÷ number of days in month) x number of days before billing cycle starts.

I also understand you might not have used any Fido services. However, that is the nature of post-paid services. Customers will be charged for the monthly services whether or not the services are used. The charges are for access to the services, not used services.

You should note that the forums are community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. You would need to contact customer service in order to port your number from your old provider. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers