cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offers not applied in the system as advertised

systemx
I'm a participant level 2

I opened two phone accounts on Black Friday last year and was promised a discount of $15 per plan for 24 months. Well, I received my first bill today and was shocked to see only a discount of $5-6 applied for the last two months. Spoke with customer service on the phone and was told that is how the "system" works...apparently the incorrect discount is added for the initial 2-3 billing cycles, and no adjustment would be made in the subsequent months. So I get the discount only for 20-21 months and I'll be paying more for the next few months until the system adjusts itself? How is this acceptable? Either the discount should be manually adjusted or offers should be advertised correctly. I find it hard to believe no one in the entire IT department can think of a way to fix this problem or find a workaround.

5 REPLIES 5

FidoPierre
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @systemx

Several of our promotional credits would usually be applied on the 2nd or 3rd bill from the time the offer is added. When a change is completed "mid-cycle" it would generate some prorations on your monthly plan and also on the discount itself which may have the discount displayed as split between two sections of the same invoice. It would be rare for the amount to be split over two invoices however. In either case, the offer should be complete. I want to reassure you that if you were offered $15 x 24 months, you should be receiving the full promotional offer. Even if the discount only kicks in on the 2nd or 3rd bill, you will still be receiving the full $15 x 24 times. 

I hope this helps clarify things a little. Smiley 

systemx

Hi @FidoPierre,

Thank you for your reply. However, it does not clarify why I am paying more than $30 until the full promotion kicks in. Could you please explain how I will be receiving the full $15 discount 24 times when my first bill already shows the credit has been applied for December and January? Does the countdown for 24 months start only when the full $15 discount kicks in? I was told by multiple customer reps and their supervisors that the discount is already active in the system and the full $15 will be applied only for the remaining months.

systemx_0-1610304507681.png

Your reply also does not mention how the missing discount for Dec and Jan will be adjusted during the following months. My bill currently shows $27 extra [calculation: 2 x (4.89+7.26) x 1.13] added for Dec and Jan for the two phone accounts I have with Fido. If all promotions are handled this way, everyone is expected to pay incorrect extra charges until the correct discount kicks in? How is this not a serious problem?

Thank you for sharing the screen capture @systemx

To better be able to review the full details of your invoice, the plan and the discounts, we would need to access your account. You can reach out to our customer support team through any of the channels on our Contact Page

Otherwise we can also send you a PM directly from here if you would prefer. Let us know! 

systemx

Please send me a PM. Customer support agreed this is a problem but could not offer a solution

Hey @systemx! Philippe here. I'll send you a PM shortly. Smiley