cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offers labeled as "EXCLUSIVE FOR YOU" don't seem to be exclusive

bdl89
I'm a participant level 2

Hello: I'm in the market for a new phone, and as my two year agreement (with Fido) is nearly up, am looking at options on Fido as well. From within My Account (online), once logged in of course, there are a number of phones given the label "EXCLUSIVE FOR YOU". However, the pricing is exactly the same as when I browse phones in Fido's catalogue without being logged in, in incognito mode. This suggests that the "exclusive" offers are exactly the same as what they are offering new customers--therefore, not exclusive at all. Am I missing something, or is this just terrible/deceptive marketing?

There are 11 phones for which this is the case for me, from a variety of manufacturers. I'll post pictures of one phone, for illustrative purposes--the iPhone 12 Mini. 

Here is the listing for the phone as viewed without being logged in, browsing as a new customer:

337x753_smart_fit.jpg

And here is the same phone, viewed after being logged into My Account, and choosing the "Upgrade My Phone" link:

312x754_smart_fit.jpg

Can anybody tell me what is so "exclusive" about my exclusive offers?

7 REPLIES 7

FidoPhilippe

Hey @bdl89! Philippe here. I hope you're doing well. Smiley

Thans for the heads-up! Please let us know if you're available via PM at any point, as we'd like to gather more information about this. We'll of course forward what you already provided.

Thanks again!

bdl89

I'm happy to message and provide needed information.

cosadolce

I'm just wondering what the resolution was?  I am going through the same thing with FIDO and the responses I am getting are less than satisfactory. As you are not the first person to bring this up, why are they still offering "exclusive offers" to their current FIDO customers when they are not exclusive at all?

Hi there @cosadolce

Sometimes, many customers are targeted for the same exclusive offer. It doesn't necessarily mean only you are eligible for that offer. In this context, "exclusive" means not everyone is eligible for the offer, but you are Smiley 

That said, if the offer isn't for you, you can always visit Fido.ca to view our other offers: https://www.fido.ca/promotions 

Have a great day! 

Thanks for that! I'll send you a PM shortly. Smiley

bdl89

OK. Not sure if you've tried yet, but I haven't gotten one?

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

PM coming your way real soon @bdl89 Smiley