Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving text messages from international banks

prashant5639
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

Hi,

I am not receiving any text messages from international banks like State Bank of India, Bank of America or Citibank, USA. 

I am able to text myself and text from international SIM to my fido number is also working. Its just that the bank alerts and OTP's are not working. Can someone please help?

Thanks.

52 REPLIES 52

justcheck
I'm a contributor level 2
I'm a contributor level 2

Yes, the messages are triggered every time I authorize a transaction. I have already contacted customer care/tech support and gave them this info a couple weeks ago. The only reason I came to the forums is to see if other who had this issue had it sorted out.

Having said that, I have been receiving these notifications since yesterday. 

Aaryadev
I'm a participant level 1

Hi Everyone!!!

Happy to be here..

I'm having the same issue like not receiving OTP while I tried to open a new bank account online. I talked to bank personal many times but they cannot find any issues in their end. My wife is also with Fido, I tried her number and it worked. So I was wondering what is wrong with mine. If someone has a solution it's greatly appreciated. Thank you all.

Hey @Aaryadev

Have the text messages from this bank already or is it the first time you receive messages from them? 

FidoJulien
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @prashant5639

Welcome to the community Smiley

Have you contacted the banks to make sure that their system is able to send messages to Canadian numbers?  They might only be able to send messages to local numbers and that would explain why you are not receiving them.

Keep us posted!

shabut

Same problem, since I moved to FIDO mobile. I had no such issues on my previous US T-mobile number.

in one instance i was able to receive a troubleshooting text message sent manually from the bank, but somehow the system generated otp messages are not received.

I was able to send international text to US and receive a response as well.

Please post if any specific enablement has to be done for FIDO mobile numbers to be able to receive text messages from international banks. 

Hello Shabut,

Welcome to the community!

Where is the International bank situated? Is it possible the system is not able to send text messages to International numbers? I know some banks are not able to send text messages overseas.

Also, since the messages appear to come from the bank's system (rather than someone's mobile phone), are they being sent from a short code? Only approved short codes would be forwarded to customers. That could explain why you received the text message which was manually sent from the bank but not from the system. Is your bank using a short code in that list?

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Ace30

@FidoJulien 

Hi,

I am having the same problem.

I contacted my bank and they say my Canadian number is updated in their system and I should receive the alerts.

In fact, I used to receive the bank alerts until a few months back. I only realized the problem when I tried to do internet banking and was not receiving the OTP anymore.

Can you please help me sort this out.

Thank you 

Kind Regards

Hey @Ace30! Welcome to the community!

If you are unable to send text messages to a short code, or receive text messages from a short code, it may not be provisioned in Canada by the CWTA. The CWTA maintains the list of approved and active codes allowed on our network. Did you check the approved short codes list? Your Bank might not be approved. Let us know!

DonSla

Hi, 

I don't know what the reason is but Fido should look for solution not excuses. This system works all over the world except Canada which is very frustrating. 

Thank you!

Bozzzzz

Same issue here, completely unable to send/receive international sms...All North American is fine, but anythin in Europe/Asia etc.. is not working.

Hey @Bozzzzz 

Sorry to hear that you have trouble sending messages. Are you getting an error message when you try to send those?