Not receiving text messages from international banks

I'm a Participant Level 1 prashant5639
I'm a Participant Level 1

Not receiving text messages from international banks

Hi,

I am not receiving any text messages from international banks like State Bank of India, Bank of America or Citibank, USA. 

I am able to text myself and text from international SIM to my fido number is also working. Its just that the bank alerts and OTP's are not working. Can someone please help?

Thanks.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 4
Highlighted

Re: Not receiving text messages from international banks

Hey @prashant5639

Welcome to the community Smiley

Have you contacted the banks to make sure that their system is able to send messages to Canadian numbers?  They might only be able to send messages to local numbers and that would explain why you are not receiving them.

Keep us posted!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 4
I'm a Participant Level 1 shabut
I'm a Participant Level 1

Same problem, since I moved to FIDO mobile. I had no such issues on my previous US T-mobile number.

in one instance i was able to receive a troubleshooting text message sent manually from the bank, but somehow the system generated otp messages are not received.

I was able to send international text to US and receive a response as well.

Please post if any specific enablement has to be done for FIDO mobile numbers to be able to receive text messages from international banks. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 4
MVP
MVP

Hello Shabut,

Welcome to the community!

Where is the International bank situated? Is it possible the system is not able to send text messages to International numbers? I know some banks are not able to send text messages overseas.

Also, since the messages appear to come from the bank's system (rather than someone's mobile phone), are they being sent from a short code? Only approved short codes would be forwarded to customers. That could explain why you received the text message which was manually sent from the bank but not from the system. Is your bank using a short code in that list?

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 4