cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not impressed

VstarGurl
I'm a participant level 3

I'm obviously not alone in this. Do you guys not realize how much our phones are used for everything? I'm sure you do, the effin bills are high enough. No phones no text no nothing for the whole day and you compensate us with 1 day of service. Give me a break. What is that? Do you have any idea what that day cost us, for your own screw up. Not God not weather, you guys did this. This was my second 2 year term with fido and my last. Bell and Telus I'm sure will have a great time taking all your customers and give us all a awesome deal just to switch. No I'm not just leaving cause yur so cheap in your riduculas compensation, I have a little list. But I've had enough. Can't wait to leave for better service, customer service, probably phones and  compensation if needed too.dont bother telling me to call someone again either. If it can't be sorted out from all the time and gas and people I've already invested, your just not worth any more of my efforts. I been kicking my **bleep** since I resigned the 2nd term. I'm done

3 REPLIES 3

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello VstarGurl,

I can understand your frustration. However, I don't think your expectations reflect reality.

@VstarGurl wrote:...Can't wait to leave for better service, customer service, probably phones and  compensation if needed too....

Bell and Telus have also had their share of outages in recent history. No provider can guarantee services. The nature of the service doesn't allow for any sort of guarantee. Read the Terms & Conditions (sections 9b and 9c). The other providers would have similar statements in their T&Cs as well. No provider would have offered compensation for losses if they encountered a similar network outage.

I am not trying to prevent you from leaving Fido. If you choose to do so out of spite, that's up to you. However, you are mistaken in thinking the other providers would have offered more in compensation than the reimbursement for the lost day of service.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Hackintosh

Are you KIDDING ME?!

One day of compensation for this mess? Is Fido actually TRYING to slap us in the face here?

It cost me well over a few years worth of subscription for their issues this week, and that doesn't even come close to all the frustration and lost hair I went through the last few days. To sit here and give only ONE day of compensation is nothing but waving a RED flag in front of a Bull while telling him he's a **bleep**.

I guess I have to both move to Bell AND wait for a class-action lawsuit settlement in this?

NEVER going to promote this company again after this horror-show.

Frustrated52
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

I couldn't agree more I have my growing list of gripes as well, the cherry on top is the one day of service they so graciously are giving us. I have 2 phones on my account and based on the plans minus the phone payments which of course won't be part of the one day service I'm getting a credit of about $2.42 which makes me feel valued and treasured by the great fido.