cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not enough

Fcanight
I'm a participant level 2

I would like to inform you that this maybe a nice gesture but you are definitely missing the mark. Some of your clients already have free long distance call across Canada for free, so this is not an extra step you are offering

understood that the key thing to offer is the Data on cell phones: Unlimited data for the period. Most of your clients will be using Their cell phone for internet, skype, video/messaging, what’s app to keep in touch. Your offer is kind of out of touch with today’s issue.

not all your clients have subscribed to home internet service but all your have a cell phone!!!

5 REPLIES 5

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Fcanight,

Welcome to the community!

I understand some people might have reduced access to Wifi. However, I'm not sure how feasible removing cellular data limits would be. Current cellular bandwidth is vastly more limited than broadband bandwidth. The amount of information which can be transmitted via the airwaves without degradation is miniscule versus a fixed-line option. It's physics -- Shannon's Law (see here).

Yes, the introduction of 5G is supposed to increase cellular bandwidth. However, the majority of people do not have access to that network. In addition, Fido does not intend on offering 5G for their customers.

Already, there are people who have complained that their broadband internet speeds have slowed since the removal of data caps. A surge in cellular data usage could cripple the networks.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Fcanight

Hope you realise your answers is convincing me more and more that fido is no longer the best choice as cell provider!

Hey @Fcanight,

We understand your point of view, however, we are not waiving wireless data overages at this time. Keep in mind, select Fido plans include data overage protection which automatically pauses mobile data once you reach 100% of your plan's data limit.  You can visit www.fido.ca/covid-19 updates on what's going on during this time.

With that said, if your current plan doesn’t meet your needs, it’s easy to switch to a data overage protection plan, simply log into your account and click plans under the shop menu to get started. Alternatively, we can look at the options together to find the best plan for you.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed. 😊

Fcanight

honestly there's nothing you can do, beside stop doing emojis of smiling caractère  or smiling shy,  when you respond to a client that's not satisfied with your answers. I personally find it insulting and gives a vibe of you not being concern with your client unhappiness. In my opinion it lack in careness and empathy. I would say it can be taken as being sarcastic towards your client.

remember customer service it's all about client perception.

thank you!

Hello, again @Fcanight,

Thanks for your feedback, and we're sorry you feel that way.

Our response is aimed to provide you and the community members any clarification on the subject. The fact remains that we're not providing unlimited mobile data, but overages on home internet services are removed during this period. 

As the situation continues to evolve, our priority is to ensure the health and safety of our customers and communities while keeping them connected to their loved ones.