cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Receiving SMS from Financial Institution

buhawi
I'm a participant level 1

I just joined Fido and ported my number, now i'm not receiving sms from my bank and having problems because of this, i can send and receive fine from mobile numbers. I rebooted phone and to no avail, any help please as it seems that I made a mistake moving my services to Fido, can't even open a ticket for this issue.

4 REPLIES 4

tedmanlin

Hi, I am getting this issue and in the queue with support for the past hour... Is the solution to speak to someone from support to do something in the back end to fix this?

Hey @tedmanlin, Alex here. 

Are you getting an issue with a particular company? You can check if they have an approved number in the list of approved short code programs here.

If they are approved and you are still not able to receive text messages from them, then you should get in touch with our customer service and we'll take a closer look into this with you. 

MRMRMR
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

Same issue. After a 2h wait, I spoke to someone at tech support who said they were aware of the issue; they said they were refreshing my settings on their end, hang up and wait 5 minutes, then restart phone. This did not fix it and I'm not waiting for 2h+ again (no 'callback' or 'schedule a call' option!).

Issue details: Cannot receive 2FA / MFA / authentication code SMS messages from CIBC, Simplii, and CRA. No issue with the authentication SMS from BMO's shortcode and others (e.g. Lyft, Uber). Numbers are not blocked in phone app.

New device (Pixel 6), new customer (approx one week), formerly with Koodo on same number (no issues), in Ottawa with a Gatineau number.

Hey @buhawi & @MRMRMR  Smiley

I'm sorry to learn about this! I definitely understand how this can be inconvenient.

Please contact us through any of the methods listed here and we'll be glad to look into this with you!