cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No notice for discount end and no rebate for a data line

xiaoheiwuw
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I had a data line which is given for free with a period, but I have no way to check when it's ending. Also, as it's a data line, there's charge on spam in coming calls. All my previous account credit was used, and I was only be able to see it when there's a real charge from my bank account.

I requested for cancel the line and some rebate, and the agents keep telling me all charges are valid and there's no way to give any credit back and I should check the bill every month.

I think there should be notice or any email/message to let me know when my discount gonna end. I don't have any other lines or servies with Fido, so I won't check on my account every month to see if there's a charge. and there should be some return credit for it as I also don't know there's a charge for incoming call for a data plan.

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Xiaoheiwuw,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you were not aware of your discount ending. However, if you were not initially informed of its end date, it would have been provided in your bill a few months prior to the end of the promotion.

It's strange that you don't have any other line or services. As far as I am aware, the data-only plans are only for eligible Fido post-paid customers. Regardless, it would be the customers' responsibility to monitor their own bills.

I also understand you were not aware of the charge for incoming calls. Unfortunately, data-only plans do not include any calling minutes (incoming or outgoing). Technically, they should actually be tablet plans which should not be able to receive (or make) any calls (see here).

You should note that the forums are community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. You would need to contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers