cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Voice mail indication

Johnster
I'm a participant level 3

About 18 months ago I got a new LG G5 when I renewed my plan.  Since that time Visual voice mail doesn't work and I get no indication whatsoever that I have new voicemails.  I used to get a text message and there was an indicator light or beep on my old Samsung, but with this new phone, nothing.  What can I do to get this fixed?  Peale call me when the phone is off or out of service and I have no way of knowing and I never find out about the voice mails unter after they have been deleted.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey Johnster!

I think I know exactly what's happening here.

If I understand correctly, you're still using our Visual Voicemail Plus service for Android devices, right? On your previous device, were you using the Visual Voicemail Plus app?

With Visual Voicemail Plus, if you change your phone, you first need to deactivate the service through the App Settings menu. If you don’t, you won’t receive any new voicemail notifications on your new phone.

In order to correct this, you can change the Visual Voicemail Plus to the MMS version. With the MMS version you would receive an audio file and a transcript of the message by MMS so you can listen to and read your messages without dialing in to check your voicemail.

Changing your Visual Voicemail Plus add-on to the MMS version is something that would need to be completed through customer service

Alternatively, we could send you a PM here to get that switched over if you prefer. 

Let us know!

Johnster

Hi Amanda,

That is correct, I was using the VVM service.  I did contact customer service about this when it first happened but they had no idea as to how to fix it.  The only suggestion they had was to reset my voicemail, which obviously didn't work.  I'd prefer to go through a PM than call in again and have the chance that they wont know what the fix is that you're referring to, please PM me.

Thanks

John

Sending you a PM right now @Johnster