Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New sim card (prepaid)

FidoUserTran
I'm a participant level 1

Hello,

I am already a customer of Fido as I have an active prepaid sim card. My old phone is broken and I just bought a new phone and I want to use the new phone with the same account, number and prepaid plan.

I went to a Fido Store to buy a new sim card because the previous one is too big.

The seller told me they could not activate it in store and asked me to go online after I bought the new multi-sized sim card.

Unfortunatly, I could not find the option to activate a new sim card.

How do I activate my new sim card while keeping everything the same?

Thanks,

-Tran

43 REPLIES 43

Hey @kevinxdliu, you'll receive a PM soon! 

jr_4588

I need the same thing and the fido chat is closed at 9 pm

Hey @jr_4588

Welcome to the Community. Smiley 

I'll send you a PM so we can check out the details together! 

roligrant

I need to switch my current sim to a nano sim card but do not see that option online. Is this something available for prepaid numbers yet?

Hey @roligrant Smiley

Just doing a quick followup with you.

Were you able to change your sim card?

jasonsirju
I'm a participant level 2

I just bought a new SIM card for a new phone, and I don't see the option to update my SIM card online.  I have over $100 balance on my prepaid plan, so I don't want to lose it.

Welcome to the community @jasonsirju

I moved your post since we had a similar thread. As this moment, it's not possible to activate a SIM card online if you have a prepaid account. If you need help with that, let us know and we'll send you a PM. 

jasonsirju

Is it possible at all to switch SIM cards?  Do I need to go in store to do it?

@FidoTerry wrote:

Welcome to the community @jasonsirju

I moved your post since we had a similar thread. As this moment, it's not possible to activate a SIM card online if you have a prepaid account. If you need help with that, let us know and we'll send you a PM. 

Hey @jasonsirju,

We can update the SIM card for you, no need to travel all the way to a store Smiley

I'll send you a PM shortly to get started.

adtggg

Hi,

I actually have the same problem.

I just bought a new sim card from the fido store and I do not have the option to update my sim card on the website. Im also on a prepaid plan and I want to change phone.

Can you help me?

Thanks.

FidoTerry
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Welcome to the community @adtggg! Smiley

As mentioned on the thread, updating the SIM card is not available at this moment via Fido.ca for prepaid accounts. You can contact customer service to update it or you we can send you a PM.

Hey @roligrant and welcome to the Community Smiley

You should be able to change your sim card online.

When you are in MY ACCOUNT, you should be able to see a section that says **CHANGE SIM CARD** next to ** CHANGE PHONE NUBMER **

You can't see that option at all?

Let me know.

WgB

I'm having the same problem, my phone got run over by a car last night, and it was a replacement for a phone that just died a month ago - when I didn't have any problem registering a new SIM on my prepaid account.

This new phone I picked up today is the same model as the one I'm replacing, but when I put in the new 20 digit SIM, to register and activate the phone - it responds with "invalid SIM number". Arrr help its the weekend and I live an hour away from anyone I know, thanks so much!

WgB

FidoPierre
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @WgB

Did you receive a brand new SIM card with the replacement phone? If so I can activate it for you from here. Smiley

I'll send you a PM so we can check it out!

WgB

Yes, please - I would love some help activating this asap, thanks so much!!

FidoPierre
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @WgB

If you click on your own username at the top right, you will see a few settings including an inbox with your private messages. 

I just sent you a PM. Smiley 

Elemntry
Hi. I have a prepaid account and just bought a new sim card and am also unable to find a place to activate it

Hi @Elemntry!

You just need to log into your account, select your phone number, and then select Update SIM Card >

Hope this helps! Smiley

Elemntry
Thanks Maria, but there is no Update SIM Card option available for me to click

Hey @Elemntry

I'll send you a PM so we can look into this together. Smiley 

Elemntry
Awesome! Thanks Pierre!