cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Fido Phone is not so new?

dole4150
I'm a contributor level 1

Hey community. I have a small qustion for people who have received phones through Fido. What has the condition been like out of the box? I just got a new phone (Iphone) and though it is in great condition- it is not perfect condition.

I took the phone out of the box to notice some little gunk (like tiny but its a white phone and it was black) on the front ridge ( had to rub it off). Then I noticed another area where there was a scratch, then I noticed near the charge area more scratches ( and I haven't plugged it in yet) and then some other scratches ( again aren't huge). If this is a new phone ( that no one has used and not returned within 15 days etc)- I would assume such things wouldn't be on the phone.

First Apple phone I bought from Fido (normally pay much lower price for used) so I don't know if this is the norm but I am disappointed in the quality (for the total cost I'll end up paying) and I have only had the phone 30 minutes.

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

Zuck
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Same today my iPhone was mailed to me and I was shocked  that The phone does not come in the apple box bot in a Fido box and without the screen protector shield, they where some little dots on the screen when I turned on the phone and I checked the expiry date of apple warranty I found out that it expires on March 02 2022 which means that the phone was first turned on on March 02 2021 so its used ! 
I  would like to hear an explanation! why are we not getting phone sealed in apple boxes when we order online as we are paying full price for new iPhones

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there @Zuck

Welcome to the Community Smiley

I'm sorry to hear that this was not the phone you were expecting.

Keep in mind that you can always take advantage of our satisfaction guarantee, which has been expended to 30 days for any purchase done online or through our call center. However, did you perhaps purchase a Certified Pre-Owned device? Those phones aren't necessarily provided in their original package or sealed, you can find more info here.

To clarify, new phones will always be provided in their orignal package and you can confirm which version you purchased on the documentation we've provided (email confirmation, your account, etc.). Don't hesitate to reach out to us at these channels as well if you'd like us to look into is.

Cheers!

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @dole4150,

Was the phone mailed to you or did you get it from a store and was it a Fido store? When you received the phone was the box sealed or opened?

dole4150

Hi

It was mailed and sealed. 

Hey @dole4150

As @KAPABLE-K mentioned, if you're not satisfied with the phone, you can exchange it within the first 15 days.  You can do that by either contacting us using any of the options here.  Alternatively, we can also send us a PM to arrange the exchange with you!

Let us know what you would like to do Smiley

Okay, its not uncommon to see small particles on the phone it could easily be from packaging but the scratches I don't know what to say. 

Fido does offer a 15 days satisfaction guarantee so if you are not happy with the phone you can have it replaced.

You can get more info on that here.