cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW Fido Mastercard

Wufai
I'm qualified level 3
I'm qualified level 3

Saw this when web browsing and was curious. look a little deeper and realized what a great deal this is for Fido Customers! Granted I haven't applied and used it yet but the offers are very inticing. Thought I would share some highlight with other community users.

1.5% cashback from all purchase, starting at $0.

4% cashback on foregin purchase! I'm thinking anything ebay or US websites will apply.

Cashback in from of Fido rewards. Its not the old FidoDollars but better. It can be used to pay for your monthly bill.

No fee master card.

Signup bonus of $50 ($25 for first card use, $25 for preauthorization to your Fido account).

Credit card issue by RogersBank, never heard of it so I guess reason for such a good deal, at least better than the card I an currently using.

Don't take any info above for granted. Go check it out for yourself.

Cheers

2 REPLIES 2

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

@Wufai wrote:

4% cashback on foregin purchase! I'm thinking anything ebay or US websites will apply.

Hello Wufai,

Dont' forget about the 2.5% foreign transaction fee! You may feel it's still an enticing offer, but something to consider...

Cheers

Wufai
I'm qualified level 3
I'm qualified level 3

Thanks Cawtau on reading the fine print. Can always count on you.

I double check my bank credit card and they also charged a 2.5% transaction rate. and since I don't have means of opening a US currency account + US credit card I'm already at the mercy of 2.5% on everything ebay

I figured with this card at 4%* I can cancel out the 2.5% transaction fee and still earn 1.5%

If this new Fido card gives REAL 4% cashback on international transactions I'll never buy anything in Canadian dollars again! Smiley