cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Fido bad experience

Mitra0064
I'm a participant level 2

I had a bad experience with Fido customer service two months ago when I came to Canada as a student and needed a SIM card. When I was unsure about a cheap one for students, I asked the customer service about Fido's cancellation policy. She said there are no cancellation fees involved, just monthly charges. Several weeks later, I discovered that I had to pay 110 dollars to cancel the subscription. It includes both fees and monthly charges. I had told her I was a newcomer and did not know anything, but she lost her temperature and shouted that everyone knows that there is a fee. As a result, I paid the fee but totally changed the deal. She misled me and acted in an unfair manner, so I thought it was her fault.

3 REPLIES 3

FidoKenny

Hello @Mitra0064 and welcome to the Community.

This is not the experience that we want for our customers.

Cancellation fees only apply when a product or service on a term are downgraded or cancelled.

If you had a device under financing, then you will be charged the remaining balance of your device. 

If you have any questions about your account, we are always happy to help. You can find all the ways to reach us here.

Mitra0064

I didn't have a device, just used the fido for less than a month. My Fido account was charged 110 dollars even though I told customer service that I am a student and need an affordable sim card.

Hey @Mitra0064! Philippe here. I hope you're doing well. Smiley

We'd have to take a look at your account to provide you with more detials about what happened. I suggest you contact us here for support, or you can also request a PM from the community for assiatance as well.