cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missed payment no informated

Mespinosa
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hello, in August 2022 I had a cellular plan for less than a month, I closed this account and went to a Fido store to check how much I had to pay and they told me that I did not have to pay anything, I never received any emails or calls from Fido. On January 9th I was contacted by metcredit telling me that I had an outstanding account to pay, I made the payment immediately because my intention has never been not to pay. I then checked my financial report and I am 90 days past due.

Where can I send a letter of goodwill to help me get this report removed please!

I will apply for my education loan and this is going to be a real problem.

Please help me

1 REPLY 1

FidoSaira

Hello @Mespinosa,

Thank you for the details. I am sorry to learn about this. 

It's possible that when you went to the store your bill hadn't been published yet. Fido will send the final invoice (after cancellation) a few days after your billing cycle'c closing date. The bill details the required payment and its due date. Customers can also login to their account to see what their owing balance is. Did you register on fido.ca?

On a monthly basis, Fido reports a customer's payment performance under the tradeline section of the credit file (i.e. Credit History or Account History). Unfortunately, if the payment wasn't received on time, it had to be reported. You can always discuss your options with MetCredit.